Coffee Buyer Level 1 eClassroom Bundle | ALL 6 REQUIRED CLASSES, STUDY SESSION & EXAM| Weekly (April 26 - June 7, 2017)
The Coffee Buyer Pathway takes students through a series of online courses built to aid in navigating the complexities of the supply chain. This Pathway presents a unique opportunity to learn from leading importers, growing both a career and a professional network as you embark on a life in coffee.
With a global trade network comprised of producers, importers, traders, and buyers, green coffee travels a long and winding road before it ever comes into contact with a roaster. How it gets there and who is involved sits at the core of the Coffee Buyer Pathway. For those looking to navigate the coffee supply chain, from negotiating contracts to maneuvering financial markets, understanding the intricacies and how to navigate the many channels will prove to be the best tool for success.
Take advantage of this opportunity to:
- Save on all of the required eLearning classes for the Coffee Buyers Pathway
- Attend a special, live, study session
- Move through the courses with a group of fellow coffee professionals.
This eClassroom course is limited to 12 students who will meet on Wednesdays at 4:00 PM PST for seven weeks, and then be prepared to take the online written exam in the second half of June 2017.
The six courses and study session will be taught by three instructors whose talents and experience lend themselves to these particular classes, giving students a strong sense of continuity from week-to-week.
To complete the requirements for Coffee Buyer Level 1:
- Complete this bundled set of classes
- Complete the Foundations of Coffee Classes (some available via elearning)
- Take the Coffee Buyer Level 1 Written eExam online (price included in this bundle)
Total Cost for Bundled Classes and Exam (20% savings)
Member: $636 +$95 testing fee (normally $795 just for classes when purchased individually)
Nonmember: $1092 + $95 testing fee (normally $1365 just for classes when purchased individually)
Listed below are the specific elearning classes included in this bundle. The confirmation email will contain the links to log in to the elearning classes. Please note, some classes have prerequisites. Prerequisite information and class descriptions are available on the scaaeducation.org website in our class catalog located in the upper right hand corner of any page.
All sessions in this bundle are Wednesdays at 4 PM PST
April 26 | Mill to Roaster: Green Coffee Price & Contract Impacts (CB200)
May 3 | Green Coffee Buying Basics (CB205)
May 10 | Green Coffee Market Dynamics Explained (CB206)
May 17 | Production and Inventory Control Practices (CB230)
May 24 | Buying on Green Coffee Market Principles (CB236)
May 31 | Green Coffee Purchasing Strategies (CB237)
June 7 | Study Session
June 19 -30 | Coffee Buyer Level 1 Written Exam
- Shop under your personal account, not your organization, to ensure education credits are posted to your profile.
- Members Save on Tuition: Interested in joining RG, BGA or SCAA? Contact our membership team at email@example.com or 562-624-4100 to sign up.
- If you have questions or need assistance setting up your profile, or registering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There are no refunds of any kind for this event. The SCAA has the right to change and/or cancel the event at any time. All classes require a certain number of students in order for the class to be held. In the event capacity is not reached, students will have the opportunity to choose another scheduled class.