Brewing Foundations | Academy of Coffee Excellence | Williamsburg, VA | February 15, 2018
The Specialty Coffee Association’s Brewing Foundation Certificate is designed to introduce core brewing skills and equipment to people with little or no previous hand pour brewing experience. Successful candidates should be able to grind and brew to the correct recipe and produce great coffee on multiple brewing devices.
Specifically, by doing hands on exercises and tasting, you will develop a greater understanding of the following concepts:
1. Coffee’s flavor varies based upon differing varietals, countries of origin and roast styles
2. Coffee’s flavor varies based upon differing coffee to water ratios, grind particle sizes and brewing device
3. Coffee’s flavor varies throughout the brewing process
4. The key elements of good coffee brewing and the differentiation between proper and improper brewing
5. The optimum balance between strength and extraction.
Hosted By: Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee
Location: 1592 Penniman Road, Unit A&B Williamsburg VA 23185
Date & Time: February 18, 2018; see registration link below for details
Instructor: Todd Arnette
Todd Arnette is the owner of The Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee, a Founding Premier Training Campus offering all training programs of the Specialty Coffee Association, Coffee Quality Institute, Coffee Industry Food Safety Modernization Act and other programming. Mr. Arnette is a Q Instructor and Authorized SCA Trainer. He currently serves on the Education Advisory Board of the Specialty Coffee Association. He is a Certified Roaster, Sensory Specialist, Barista, Brewer and Subject Matter Expert. Memberships: Specialty Coffee Association, National Coffee Association Roaster’s Guild and Barista Guild. Mr. Arnette has professional development relationships with clients in all facets of the Specialty Coffee supply chain around the world and maintains long standing personal relationships with coffee producers at origin.
Tuition and Registration: CLICK HERE to visit the host's website for complete information on pricing and registration.
- Please also create a profile on SCA.coffee so your class credits and exam scores can be recorded by SCAA and applied to SCAA certificate programs. You can create a profile HERE.
For more information, please contact Todd Arnette via Todd@wcoffee.com