Roasting Professional | Academy of Coffee Excellence | Williamsburg, VA | May 16-19, 2018
Roaster Professional will examine topics ranging from precise control of a roaster to culinary science and sensory analysis to farming and processing of coffee cherries. Roaster Professional graduates will leave the program with a depth of insight and experience necessary to innovate and lead in specialty coffee. During the SCA Roasting Professional Certificate Course you will do the following.
• Broaden and deepen the skillset developed in the Roaster Intermediate / Roaster Level 1 Certificate Course
• Conduct specific structured roasting experiments designed to demonstrate how different roasting machine construction materials and designers’ points of view impact how a machine transfers heat to coffee
• You will further your roast profiling knowledge by demonstrating precise control of a roast’s application of heat and airflow at specific points during the roast
• Your profile roasting knowledge will be enhanced with information regarding organic acid enhancement and destruction during the roast cycle
• Your profile roasting skills will be challenged to create subtle changes in heat energy and airflow specifically to enhance perceived acidity
• You will connect the decisions that you made during these experiments with the sensorial perceptions on the cupping tables
• You will experience exercises designed to build the skillset required to participate or create a Quality Control process
Hosted By: Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee
Location: 1592 Penniman Road, Unit A&B Williamsburg VA
Date & Time: May 16-19, 2018; see registration link below for details
Instructor: Todd Arnette
Todd Arnette is the owner of The Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee, a Founding Premier Training Campus offering all training programs of the Specialty Coffee Association, Coffee Quality Institute, Coffee Industry Food Safety Modernization Act and other programming. Mr. Arnette is a Q Instructor and Authorized SCA Trainer. He currently serves on the Education Advisory Board of the Specialty Coffee Association. He is a Certified Roaster, Sensory Specialist, Barista, Brewer and Subject Matter Expert. Memberships: Specialty Coffee Association, National Coffee Association Roaster’s Guild and Barista Guild. Mr. Arnette has professional development relationships with clients in all facets of the Specialty Coffee supply chain around the world and maintains long standing personal relationships with coffee producers at origin.
Tuition and Registration: CLICK HERE to visit the host's website for complete information on pricing and registration.
For more information, please contact Todd Arnette via Todd@wcoffee.com