Sensory Professional | Academy of Coffee Excellence | Williamsburg, VA | April 25-28, 2018
Advancing sensory skills and building on critical and analytical prowess, Sensory Professional takes students through the complexities of taste and olfactory theory, discriminatory testing, and statistical analysis. Graduates are thoroughly prepared for lab and quality control leadership roles, possessing skills that serve sensory analysts throughout food and beverage industries. Throughout the duration of the Sensory Professional Certificate Course you will be taught multiple ways in which you can bring your tasting skills up to a professional level. This course is taught by a Q Instructor. By taking this course, you should be able to:
• Set up a sensory panel and facility
• Understand where to apply sensory skills to resolve issues in the food supply chain
• Identify taints and faults found in coffee
• Set up and implement attribute cupping and triangulation cupping using the SCA Cupping Protocol
• Appropriately and accurately score coffees of varying quality levels
Hosted By: Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee
Location: 1592 Penniman Road, Unit A&B Williamsburg VA 23185
Date & Time: April 25-28, 2018; 8:30am-5:30pm (see registration link for details)
Todd Arnette is the owner of The Academy of Coffee Excellence at Williamsburg Coffee, a Founding Premier Training Campus offering all training programs of the Specialty Coffee Association, Coffee Quality Institute, Coffee Industry Food Safety Modernization Act and other programming. Mr. Arnette is a Q Instructor and Authorized SCA Trainer. He currently serves on the Education Advisory Board of the Specialty Coffee Association. He is a Certified Roaster, Sensory Specialist, Barista, Brewer and Subject Matter Expert. Memberships: Specialty Coffee Association, National Coffee Association Roaster’s Guild and Barista Guild. Mr. Arnette has professional development relationships with clients in all facets of the Specialty Coffee supply chain around the world and maintains long standing personal relationships with coffee producers at origin.
Tuition and Registration: Click HERE to visit the host's website for complete information on pricing and registration.
- Additional Information: 8:00am coffee, fruit and baked goods available. Classes start promptly at 8:30am. Lunch will be provided each day. We gladly accommodate allergy and other dietary considerations.
For more information, please contact Todd Arnette via Todd@wcoffee.com